Yields.io offers automated model monitoring and validation services, identifying issues in algorithms and turning them into actionable business insights. Its platform is used by C-level executives, model validators, developers, risk managers and traders to detect and analyse model issues and to improve model governance. Thanks to the unique combination of products and services, Yields.io assists clients globally to manage model risk by increasing the understanding of model behaviour across the enterprise. The company has its headquarter in Gent (Belgium), is part of the IMEC.iStart incubator program and is backed by investments from Volta Ventures (early-stage European VC) and Michel Akkermans (serial entrepreneur, private investor, and former CEO and chairman of Clear2Pay).
We are currently looking for a senior Scala developer to help expand our ML platform that is used to monitor the stability and quality of thousands of complex mathematical models. The successful candidate will be part of our R&D team. You will be working at the heart of our model-monitoring / algorithmic accountability platform tackling one of the greatest challenges in machine learning. Your role will be to design, develop and test new modules and new functionalities within our application.
- Expert knowledge in Scala or any other functional programming language
- A good understanding of micro-services based architectures
- Experience with Akka, Hadoop, Spark and Hive
- Able to work in an international environment
- Proficiency in English
- Enthusiastic to learn about new technologies and algorithms
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Having basic understanding of machine learning algorithms is considered a strong advantage
- Expertise R, Python and/or Julia
- Experience with RDF databases
- Competitive remuneration
- Work in a dynamic start-up atmosphere with other senior developers and data scientists to solve one of the most important problems in machine learning
- Possibility to travel internationally
- The startdate is flexible, but ideally around April 15 2018
- The Application deadline is April 15 2018
If you are interested, please mail your CV and cover letter.