Yields is a start-up company that offers monitoring and automated validation services, identifying issues in machine learning algorithms and turning them into actionable business insights. We are currently part of the renowned IMEC.iStart incubator program and have our offices in Ghent (Belgium) and New York (US).
We are currently looking for a high potential application developer to help expand our micro-services based application that is used to monitor the stability and quality of thousands of complex mathematical models. The successful candidate will be part of our R&D team. You will be working at the heart of our model-monitoring / algorithmic accountability platform tackling one of the greatest challenges in machine learning. Your role will be to design, develop and test new modules and new functionalities within our application. Your job will also have a client facing part as you will have the opportunity to help clients in using our solution more optimally.
- Expert knowledge in Scala or any other functional programming language
- A good understanding of micro-services based architectures
- Experience with Akka
- Able to work in an international environment
- Proficiency in English
- Enthusiastic to learn about new technologies and algorithms
- Java programming experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Having basic understanding of machine learning algorithms is considered a strong advantage
- Experience with R, Python and/or Julia
- Competitive remuneration
- Work in a dynamic start-up atmosphere with other senior developers and data scientists to solve one of the most important problems in machine learning
- Possibility to travel internationally to clients for on-site work
- The startdate is flexible, but preferably around November 15 2017
- The Application deadline is October 15 2017
If you are interested, please mail your CV and cover letter.